|Writers||Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady|
|Starring||Vernee Watson as Althea, Brian Patrick Wade as Kurt|
|Air Date||24 September 2007|
(Edited from Wikipedia:)
Two brilliant ("a combined IQ of 360") young physicists, Leonard and Sheldon, are the kind of "beautiful minds" that understand how the universe works. But their PhDs don't help them interact with people, especially women. All this begins to change when a free-spirited, newly single beauty named Penny moves in next door. When Leonard and Sheldon meet Penny, Leonard is immediately interested in her (saying "our babies will be smart and beautiful"), but Sheldon feels his friend is chasing a dream he'll never catch (adding "not to mention imaginary"). Sheldon is quite content to spend his nights playing Klingon Boggle with their socially dysfunctional friends, fellow geeky Caltech geniuses, Wolowitz (a wannabe ladies man) and Koothrappali (who is so shy he can not speak to women). However, Leonard sees in Penny a whole new universe of possibilities... including love. Leonard is so infatuated with Penny that after letting her use their shower (hers was broken) he agrees to try to retrieve her TV from her ex-boyfriend, Kurt. Leonard's efforts fail when he and Sheldon, who unwillingly accompanied him, are both depantsed and left empty handed. Feeling bad, Penny offers to buy them and their friends dinner.
I. Hallway outside High-IQ Sperm Bank
- Sheldon and Leonard head back to the apartment, discussing the height of stair steps.
IV. Hallway outside apartments
- They discover they have a new neighbor
V. Living room
Titles and opening theme
VII. Living room
- They get to know each other over curry.
- Leonard fixes the shower for Penny, then agrees to help her out getting her TV from her ex-boyfriend's apartment.
- Sheldon and Leonard are travelling to Kurt's apartment, discussing the task ahead.
X. Living room
XI: Kurt's apartment building lobby
- Leonard and Sheldon try to work out how to get into the building.
XII: Kurt's apartment building hallway
XIII: Kurt's apartment building lobby
- Leonard and Sheldon walk back out without their pants.
- Leonard admits defeat, says Penny is out of his league.
XV: Living room
- A shocked and contrite Penny offers to take them all out to dinner.
- They all head off to dinner, with Howard trying to impress Penny by singing, and Raj unable to speak.
The events of this episode take place over one afternoon and evening in September of 2007. To connect them with the upcoming episodes (the dates for (0105) and (0106)) the best option is to assume the events took place on Saturday, September 1, 2007.
No notes (it was simply called 'Pilot')