|Writers||Chuck Lorre (Story), Lee Aronsohn (Story), Jim Reynolds (Story), Bill Prady (Teleplay), Steven Molaro (Teleplay), David Goetsch (Teleplay)|
|Starring||Melissa Rauch as Bernadette, Keith Carradine as Wyatt|
|Air Date||November 18 2010|
Penny asks Leonard to lie to her father, while Howard, Raj and Bernadette pull an all-nighter at a telescope.
- The guys talk about who the bravest person in the Marvel universe is.
- Sheldon tells the pizza guy over the phone that the elevator is broken and that he must come up the stairs. The pizza guy refuses.
- Leonard says that they will never see their pizza and leaves to go get Penny.
- Raj says there are no stupid questions when talking about probing the behinds of superheroes.
II. Hallway/Penny's apartment
- Leonard knocks on the door.
- Penny's dad answers the door.
- Penny's dad realizes it is Leonard.
- Leonard asks to know who the man at the door is.
- Penny shows up at the door and explains that the man is her father.
- Penny calls Leonard "Sweetie" and kisses him, and then slams the door in his face.
- The kiss confuses Leonard.
Credits and opening themes
- Sheldon asks Raj if he is sure he has enough reading material for the night. (Raj and Howard are monitoring a telescope through the night.)
- Raj asks Howard if Sheldon's question was racist.
- Howard tells Raj that Sheldon is calling him illiterate, not his race.
- Sheldon comments how he prefers the original Monopoly over Indian Monopoly.
- Howard notes the differences in the original Monopoly and Indian Monopoly, and then notes that his comment was racist.
- Leonard enters and asks them to guess what just happened to him.
- Sheldon guesses he went into an inter-demensional portal that transported him into the future. Leonard tells him he is wrong, and Sheldon shows disappointment about his incorrect guess.
- Leonard reveals that Penny kissed him.
- Sheldon wonders who would've guessed it being a kiss and Raj wants to know what kind.
- Leonard reveals that it was huge kiss on the lips.
- Howard asks if the kiss on the lips was by accident, because that is what happens between him and his mom all the time.
- Leonard says he met Penny's dad and then she kissed him and slammed the door in his face.
- Howard thinks that Penny is trying tell Leonard that she is being held hostage and is tryin to send him a message to save her.
- Leonard tells Howard that Penny kissing him isn't insane because she used to do it all the time.
- Sheldon gives Einstein's definition of insanity.
- Raj and Howard joke about Leonard thinking the kiss might have meant something, and that it brings back old memories of him mooning over her.
- Leonard asks why he even bothers, and Sheldon says he doesn't listen.
- Penny knocks on the door and Leonard answers. She wants to talk to Leonard in the hall.
- Leonard walks into the hall and closes the door behind him.
- Sheldon says that he thinks the pizza is never going to come.
- Penny notes that Leonard might be wondering what the kiss was for.
- Penny tells Leonard that she told her dad that they were back together.
- Penny tells Leonard that he is the only guy that she's dated that her father has ever approved of.
- Leonard asks Penny what kind of guys did she used to date.
- Penny tells Leonard that it broke her dad's heart when she told him that they had broke up and to stop him from asking her about Leonard she told her dad they were back together.
- Leonard likes that Penny's dad likes him.
- Penny asks Leonard to lie to her father until he leaves.
- Leonard seems ok with it, because it means he gets to "be with" Penny again.
- Penny's dad comes into the hall and finds Leonard kissing her.
- Penny asks Leonard to not kiss her in front of her dad and he notes that he's seen her do a lot worse with a lot stupider.
- Leonard notes that her dad doesn't mind him kissing her in front of him.
- Penny's dad offers to take him and Penny out to a steak dinner.
- Leonard agrees to go, even though he has to work the next morning.
- Leonard kisses Penny.
V. Raj's lab
- Raj and Howard are playing Battleship.
- They begin to bicker when Howard misses when thinks he should've hit.
- Bernadette enters and Raj freaks out because he didn't know she was coming.
- Bernadette asks to see the telescope, and then realizes that they will be staring at the screen, waiting for something to happen. Howard says he did it with her when they watched The Notebook.
- Howard tells Bernadette to open the wine or he's gonna end up with swimmer's ear.
- Raj notes he shouldn't be drinking because he's about to make an important scientific discovery.
- Howard notes that Galileo did it. Raj gets upset because Howard can't stop noting cultural stereotypes.
- Howard wants Raj and Bernadette to bond like Raj and his mother did.
- Raj notes that Howard's mom scares him.
- They give a toast to science and friendship. Bernadette thinks she may have not washed her hands after working with penicillin resistant gonorrhea. She then remembers she had.
- Raj spits his wine back in his cup.
- Penny's dad offers Leonard a night cap.
- Penny says Leonard has to work. Leonard even notes that he could go in late, but Penny refuses.
- Penny's dad says, "Behind every man is a nagging woman who won't let him have any fun. Am I right, Leonard?"
- Leonard says, "Don't I know it."
- Leonard tells Penny's dad to have a good night.
- Leonard tells Penny goodnight. He then tells her he loves her. She says it back and they kiss.
- Sheldon catches it and thinks that Leonard and Penny are back together. He says, "Oh, frickity frack! Not this again!"
IX. Raj's lab
- Penny knocks on the door and Leonard (who is up late) answers.
- Penny asks Leonard to guess what she's been doing for the last hour. Leonard guesses she's been doodling "Mrs. Leonard Hofstadter" in a notebook.
- She says she's been hearing her dad talk about how great he is.
- Leonard notes he's having a blast with this lie.
- Penny notes that it is driving her crazy and she has no clue how to fix it. Leonard says she should've thought about that before she knocked on his door.
- Sheldon walks in and says that he is happy that they are back together.
- Penny begins to tell Sheldon the truth, and then Leonard stops her.
- Sheldon notes that if there is a plot afoot, that he will have no part in it and Penny reassures him there's not one.
- Sheldon gets Leonard to sign a new part of the roommate agreement to help with Penny's "infractions". He tells Leonard to set up an escrow account if he wants to pay for the infractions.
XI. Raj's lab
- Raj (who is drunk) is on the phone with the people who are running the telescope in Hawaii. He tells them to repostion it at Scarlett Johansson's house and hangs up saying, "Mahalo".
- Bernadette asks Raj if he thinks the planet he is looking for has an atmosphere that supports life.
- Raj says maybe, and if it did he'd be famous.
- Bernadette notes that it sounds great, but Raj says it would be horrible because he'd be alone.
- Raj notes that it has been over a year since he's kissed a girl.
- Bernadette feels sorry for him and tries to cheer him up.
- Raj tries to kiss Bernadette, but Howard blocks his kiss and Raj ends up kissing Howard.
- Bernadette notes that the night has been fun.
XIII. Penny's apartment
- Penny's dad is yelling at Penny, saying that he is upset that she thinks she has to lie to him about her and Leonard.
- Leonard notes he didn't want to be a part of the lie. Penny's dad says that he will get to him in a minute and returns to yelling at Penny. He says he thought they were past the days where Penny was lying to him all the time and he wants her to respect him enough to be honest to him.
- Penny goes to her room to change her clothes.
- Penny's dad turns to Leonard and begs him to not give up on Penny. He then tries to use reverse psychology on Penny to help them get back together by yelling at Leonard.
- Leonard tells Penny's dad that he will friend him on Facebook.
- Leonard walks in and sees Sheldon coming up the hall with a pile of papers in his arms.
- Sheldon notes that he has finally completed the "Penny specific section" of the new roommate agreement.
- Leonard tells Sheldon that they broke up again.
- Sheldon throws all the papers into the air and walks back to his room exclaiming, "Do you even think about other people, Leonard? Do you?"
XV. The University Cafeteria
- The guys, except Howard are at the table.
- Leonard asks how the experiment went and Raj says it was the same old thing.
- Leonard notes that Raj waited months to use the telescope, and he's curious why Raj isn't talking.
- Sheldon concludes that Raj came in contact with an alien and the government is making him stay quiet.
- Raj asks for a subject change, and Sheldon still thinks his hypothesis is correct.
- Howard sits down at the table and everyone says hi to each other.
- Leonard asks Howard if he got to play with Raj's "big telescope" and both Howard and Raj freak out.
- Raj's and Howard's wierd behavior make Leonard and Sheldon look confused.
- Raj asks Howard why he didn't call him that morning.
Notes and Trivia
Still to come
Still to come