Cooper, Sheldon Lee
|Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper MSc, PhD.|
Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper MSc, PhD.
|Name||Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper MSc, PhD.|
|Birthplace||1980, Galveston, Texas|
|Jim Parsons Biography|
Unashamedly geeky, he has no qualms about speaking Klingon; he doesn't mind sharing details of his life that others might find embarrassing, such as a common activity being Klingon Boggle until the wee hours. He wears vintage t-shirts sporting superhero logos.
As a child prodigy, Sheldon was involved in numerous experiments as a child. His plan at age 13 to provide free electricity for his town by building a nuclear reactor was stopped only by government pen pushers claiming to store yellow cake uranium in a garden shed is illlegal! Sheldon started college at the age of 11, receiving his first PhD at 16.
While he might claim to be the perfect human specimen, Sheldon does have his faults - although he is not aware of them. He lacks empathy, is unable to discern sarcasm, doesn't like change, and has an inflated ego. He does not understand social norms, and makes little attempt to do so.
Full name: Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper MSc, PhD.
- Nickname(s): "Shelly" (Missy, Mary), "Moonpie" (Meemaw)
- Screen name(s): Sheldor the Conqueror (Age of Conan)
Age: 29 (in 2009)
- 2311 N. Los Robles Ave.
- Apt 4A
- Pasadena, CA
Work and Education
Profession: Theoretical Physicist
Position(s): Caltech Department of Physics
Education: Master's Degree, two PhDs
Family and Relationships
Father: George Cooper Sr. (deceased)
Mother: Mary Cooper
- Older brother: George Cooper Jr.
- Fraternal twin sister: Missy Cooper
Other family: grandmother Meemaw
Pet(s): (each one episode only) glow-in-the-dark fish, twenty-five cats
- Best friend: Leonard Hofstadter
- Girlfriend: Amy Fowler
- Nemeses: Leslie Winkle, Wil Wheaton, Barry Kripke
- Boss: Eric Gablehauser
- Online "friends": Barry (Age of Conan)
Appearance and Mannerisms
Appearance according to others:
- "like a giant praying mantis" (Penny)
- Looks like C-3PO (Raj and Leonard (0221)
- "Looks like a giant insect" (Student in Sheldon's lecture) (0414)
- Forced laugh
- triple knock
Catch phrase: "Bazinga!"
Skills and Abilities
- Games: mental games in the car with Leonard on their way to work, Chess (including Star Trek 3-D chess and his own invented 3-player chess
- Collects: comic books, action figures
- Sports: Paintball, bowling
- In 1980 (Somewhere between April 20 to May 20, his star sign is Taurus (0116) ) (0314), Sheldon is born in Galveston, Texas. According to his mom, he was born at a K-Mart (0104) but he says he was born at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Galveston, Texas (0209).
- In third grade, he wins the Earth Science medal and receives a Casio model 1175 calculator watch (0223).
- His Aunt Marian gave him a stethoscope and a blood pressure cuff for his 12th birthday (0210). At age 12, he was taken to the Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Galveston by helicopter due to radiation burns suffered when he built a home made CAT scanner which ignited Missy's guinea pig (0209). At about age 12, he was sent to boarding school due to his work with lasers; perhaps this refers to college (0101)
- At age 14, Sheldon was a graduate student (0112, 0206). He won the prestigious Stephenson Award at age 14 and a half (0112)
- Sheldon graduates from college (0318)
- At age 16, he received the first of his two PhDs (0104)
- Sheldon started working on his thesis. (0104)
- This is a minor inconsistency in the timeline. Perhaps in 1999 he started working on his second thesis.
In the Show
First appeared: unaired first pilot
Missed episodes: none
Actor: Jim Parsons
Name source: Sheldon Leonard, American film and television producer, director, writer, and actor