|Writers||Jennifer Glickman (Story), Stephen Engel (Story), Dave Goetsch (Teleplay), Steven Molaro (Teleplay)|
|Starring||Mark Harelik as Dr. Eric Gablehauser, Austin Lee as Dennis Kim, Joel Brooks as Professor Goldfarb, Emma Degerstedt as Emma|
|Air Date||14 April 2008|
Season 1, Episode 12 (0112)
(Edited from Wikipedia:)
Sheldon is overcome with I.Q. envy when he meets a smarter 15-year-old science prodigy named Dennis Kim. Losing faith in his own research, he annoys his circle of friends and colleagues by criticizing their work (prompting them to say "Go away!" whenever he's around). Deciding his work in physics is useless, he decides to aim for the Nobel Peace Prize by creating a 'Nuevo Jerusalem' for the Jewish people in the Mexican desert (thus creating peace in the Middle East).
The guys, tired of his insults and his craziness decide to take Dennis out of the picture by getting him distracted with girls. At his welcome party, their plan works (though mostly by accident) and Dennis leaves with a blonde 15 year old for the mall. Excited, Sheldon declares his work will continue on and 'human relationships will continue to baffle and repulse me'. The guys were excited Sheldon was back to his old self, but a bit upset and perplexed at how Dennis was able to get girls yet they were not.
Titles and opening theme
II. Sheldon's office
III. Living room
IV. Howard's lab
V. in front of Rajesh's office
VI. Living room
VII. hallway in front of apartments
VIII. Sheldon's office
- Sheldon tries to explain his new idea to Jewish Professor Goldfarb and is told to "go away".
- Meanwhile, Howard, Rajesh and Leonard discuss how to hook up Dennis Kim with one of the 15 year old daughters of physics department employees they invited with a fake "it's bring your daughter to work day" e-mail.
- When Dr. Gablehauser welcomes Dennis Kim, the latter announces he won't talk about his research but rather go to the mall with his new girlfriend.
- Sheldon announces to continue his research. The rest of the guys wonder how Dennis Kim got the girl.
X. A park
- The guys want to launch a model rocket when they see Dennis Kim surrounded by fellow teenagers, drinking and snogging.
This episode most likely starts on a Monday since the guys are having Thai food (they are using forks, so it's Thai not Chinese food (0102) in the evening (see Schedule). We then see events on the next day. The afternoon reception of Dennis Kim must occur at least two days later since Leonard, Howard and Rajesh had time to send around e-mails for the "Bring your daughter to work" day. The last scene must occur quite a while later, since Howard states that he had barely recognized Dennis Kim.
(Edited from Wikipedia:)