Pancake Batter Anomaly
|Pancake Batter Anomaly|
Pancake Batter Anomaly
|Writers||Chuck Lorre (Story), Lee Aronsohn (Story), Bill Prady (Teleplay), Stephen Engel (Teleplay)|
|Starring||Carol Ann Susi as Mrs. Wolowitz, Erin Allin O'Reilly as Cheryl|
|Air Date||31 March 2008|
Season 1, Episode 11 (0111)
(Edited from Wikipedia:)
Penny returns from visiting family in Nebraska, and as she picks up her mail from Leonard, she mentions it was a bad trip because 'everyone got sick'. Sheldon freaks out as according to Leonard, 'he's a bit of a germaphobe'. Sure enough, Sheldon becomes sick and instantly becomes the biggest pain possible. Leonard and the guys hide from him at a Planet Of The Apes marathon, leaving Penny unwillingly to take care of Sheldon. However, Leonard accidentally breaks his glasses and must re-enter the apartment, where Penny catches him and sticks him with Sheldon. In the end, both Leonard and Sheldon are sitting sick and injured on the couch. Sheldon wonders if Penny will come take care of them, to which Leonard replies, "I don't think Penny is ever coming here again."
I. Living room
Titles and opening theme
- Sheldon is preparing petri dishes to grow throat cultures.
III. Sheldon's bedroom
- Sheldon awakes the next morning coughing and having fever. He calls for Leonard.
IV. Living room
- Leonard runs out of the apartment.
- Sheldon picks up the phone.
VII. Cheesecake Factory
XII. Hallway outside apartments, living room, hallway in front of Sheldon's bedroom
- Leonard tries to secretly enter the apartment equipped with a wireless minicam and bluetooth headset so that Howard and Rajesh can guide him from the hallway outside the apartment.
- Leonard is caught by Penny who confronts him and calls him a rat bastard.
- Leonard hits his head on the pole in the Living room.
XIII. Living room
The events of this episode most likely take place over a Saturday evening and the following Sunday. However, it is not entirely clear whether the night Sheldon gets sick is the night immediately after Penny came to pick up her mail.
The title refers to the fact that the measuring cup Leonard uses to mix pancake batter is the same one Sheldon uses to measure the output of his urine when he is sick.
Notes and Trivia
Jim Parsons picked this episode to enter the run for the 2009 Emmy Awards. It earned him a nomination in the "Outstanding individual achievement in comedy" category. He said that he liked the episode because he though it "had a real good flow" [].