Life in apartment 4A follows a rigid schedule. Over the course of the episodes, it becomes clear that this schedule has been imposed mostly by Sheldon (0220). Each evening is devoted to a specific activity and a particular type of food, sometimes takeaway and sometimes a restaurant. In season 3 it was established that the food Sheldon eats for breakfast also follows a routine (0303).
The schedule hasn't remained the same over the years. Change hasn't come easy to Sheldon (especially to his digestion).
Here's the weekly calendar:
- Monday: Oatmeal day for breakfast (0303). Thai takeout night - Sheldon orders mee krob and chicken satay with extra peanut sauce from Siam Palace (0206, 0308). However, this does not seem to be set in stone; Leonard frequently gets Sheldon Cashew Chicken from Szechuan Palace on Monday nights (0216).
- Tuesday: The boys eat at The Cheesecake Factory; Sheldon always has the barbecue bacon cheeseburger; barbecue, bacon and cheese on the side (0105), (0207), (0218). Tuesday night used to be Big Boy night, but Sheldon switched it in October 2007.
- Thursday: used to be Souplantation night, but Sheldon apparently changed it to Big Boy night (0105) when he discovered the barbecue burger at The Cheesecake Factory. In 2008, this changed to pizza (0220) from Giacomo's; Sheldon orders his with sausage, mushrooms, and light olives (0206). In April 2008, the boys decided to make the third Thursday of every month "Anything Can Happen Thursday", but Sheldon's digestive system had a little problem with the change (0220).
- Saturday: Sheldon eats a bowl of cereal with 1/4 of a cup of 2 % milk for breakfast while watching Doctor Who on BBC America (0107). Sheldon's laundry night, 8:15 pm (0207)
- Sunday: Howard and Raj spend the morning going to the farmers' market to "scam on hippie chicks" together (0305)